Who can sell on ArtClick?
ArtClick is for artists, photographers & sculptors living in Ireland or Irish citizens based overseas. To maintain a high standard we review artwork for new accounts. All you have to do is upload samples of your work and submit for review. If you’re successful you will receive an email guiding you to complete the sign-up process.
As an ArtClick seller, what do you require of me?
- Only exhibit your best artwork.
- Use high quality photos of your artwork. quality JPEG or png file. The image must be in focus, be accurate in colour and at least 800 pixels x 600 pixels.
- Provide photos of the artwork framed or a good sample if you are offering the piece framed
- Believe in excellent customer service.
- Respond in a prompt & professional manner to all questions & enquiries.
- Dispatch your artwork within 5 working days after it has been sold, except when an artwork is custom made or specially adjusted to the buyers specifications.
- Keep us up-to-date on the shipping details so the customer can be kept informed
- You must not offer an artwork at a lower price than the displayed price on ArtClick.
- Keep your account updated, showing only artwork which is available
- Display all relevant information relating to you & your artwork.
- Notify us if you are away on holidays or are unable to fulfil orders for any reason.
How should I price my artwork?
You set your price – after all, it’s your Artwork!
- You can factor in your costs including materials, packaging, framing & shipping.
- Be realistic with your pricing. Consider market conditions.
- Cheaper is not always better! Buyers want a good deal but don’t under-sell your artwork. If you sell at consistently low prices, you may set a low benchmark for your work.
- If you are V.A.T. registered you must include V.A.T. in the selling price. Remember, you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes from the sale of your artwork.
When your artwork is sold!
So everyone stays happy….
- Dispatch your artwork within 5 working days. It’s in your interest to provide an efficient service to your customer. Positive feedback is important to online selling.
- Package your items with care. You are responsible for your artwork until it arrives safely in the buyer’ hands.
- If there is a delay in dispatching your artwork for any reason, you must advise us immediately.
As an incentive to potential buyers you may offer your work for sale with a ‘Free Shipping’ badge by checking the ‘free delivery’ box in the product creation page. This is for Worldwide Free Delivery.
We have set default shipping rates or you can setup shipping rates that suit your needs. Let us know if you need any assistance.
Shipping your package
- Notify us immediately if the artwork will not be ready for dispatch within 5 days.
- All artwork must be shipped with a tracking number.
- Once you have a tracking number for your artwork message us with this information so the buyer may be notified.
Paperwork you’ll need for International deliveries
- Mailing label (Airway Bill) – this should be folded as directed and placed inside a see-through window envelope
- Commercial Invoices – 2 copies are required. Please print, sign & date and enclose in an envelope entitled ‘Commercial Invoices.’ Attach to the exterior of the package
- Artwork Declaration – You must complete & sign and include in the envelope along with the commercial invoices.
Quick Tip –The Length & Girth Formula
- The Length plus Girth of a package is calculated by first measuring the three outside dimensions of the package including fractions. The longest of these dimensions is the package length (L). The two remaining dimensions become the package Width (W) & package height (H).
- The package Length plus Girth formula equals the Length plus two times the Width plus two times the Height.
- Length + Girth = L + (2xW) + (2xH)
- If this total dimension includes a fraction, a fraction of ½ or greater will be rounded up; less than ½ will be rounded down to the next whole number.
Our 100% happiness guarantee
We offer a seven-day ‘100% happiness’ money back guarantee on all artworks sold through our website, except on special offers or deals, prints, photography, special orders, commissions, artwork which has been specially altered at the buyer’s request or those artworks shipped outside the EU, U.S.A or Canada.
- The buyer must return the artwork to you, in its original condition, within 14 working days of receipt of original delivery to the buyer.
- The buyer is responsible for the safe return of the artwork to you by a reputable carrier using track & trace.
- Although we will coordinate the return of your artwork, we are not responsible in any way for damaged or undelivered returns.
Cancellation prior to despatch
Can an order be cancelled?
An order may be cancelled at any time before it has been dispatched.
- If your artwork has already been shipped, the buyer must pay for the safe return of the artwork to you.
- Cancellations cannot be made on swapped artwork, special orders, commissions or artwork which has been specially altered at the buyer’s request.
- We are not responsible in any way for damaged or undelivered returns
- Please refer to our Return Policy above for more details
What do I do if my artwork is damaged in transit?
- If your artwork has been damaged in transit, the buyer must email us within 24 hours of receipt of delivery.
- We will then advise you on the return of the artwork to you.
- When the artwork has been returned to you, we will refund the full cost of the artwork to the buyer plus their cost of delivery.
- Insurance will not cover artwork which is inadequately packaged.